Monday, May 30, 2016

Scribble 6: A Little Sad Story.

Welcome, Wanderers, to a starless realm where the eternal black flame rampaged over the land.

Just kidding.

Well, this one was suppose to be a response to a Writing Prompts on reddit titled [A "popular" girl falls in love with a "nerdy" boy, however he hates her and she spends all her time trying to impress him], but ended up out of the topic of the prompt and I decided to post it here.

Mainly because I think there were cool lines in it.

I posted it there anyway though, half of it. This is rated E 10+ for everyone 10 years up in ages.

Anyway, Let the Scribble begin!

Scribble 6: A Little Sad Story

Again, the wind blew through the window, fluttering the curtain.

"Why..." the beauty in front of me sobbed "why, of all people, I have to fall in love with you?"

Something is breaking inside my heart when I saw her crying, but I can't do anything, not if I don't want to see her hurt even more.

Truth to be told, I didn't want to see her cry. But the Fate is just too cruel, it let her fall for me, knowing full well that I won't be able to stay by her side.

"And why!" she looked straight at my eyes accusingly, tears on her face "Why can't you even give me a chance?!"

"I'm sorry."

The truth is, even now, I don't know the reason.

I don't want to see her hurt.

But I can't do anything.

And yet I let her have the hope. Those lunch we shared together, the time I just can't refuse her dragging me everywhere...

Half of this school inhabitants would kill to become me, and yet I....

"I'm sorry, for giving you too much hope. I should have told you the first time we met."

She wiped her face.

"No, I should have known this. From the very beginning. You...."

"It's not your fault...."

"Then whose fault was that? Huh? Whose fault was it that I looked just like her, that my voice just like hers, that every.single.thing. that I did remind you of her?"

She hugged me, I tried my best not to flinch. I patted her head slowly.

"It's my fault for trying to find her in you. It was my fault for not being able to move on from her. So I'm sorry." I took her hand, and turned away.

"May you find your happiness."

"But you are my happiness."

"Then wait for me, until the sky on my heart had a place for another star to shine in it."

That was five years ago.

A girl named Emelyn Reinn-Lasch suddenly confessed to 18 years old me, who still can't forget someone from further past, even now. I never tried to contact her again ever since, even though I watched her progress closely, almost obsessively, even. I know she was still waiting for me even now.

There were times when I hope I never met her, when I hope she never met me, and neither of us have to hurt each other. But then again, Fate was too cruel to just let me be.

Or maybe Fate was trying to tell me, that there was no use in indulging myself in the past, hurting myself over and over again.

And then there were times when I hope she would just give up on waiting, she deserves someone better than me, someone not shackled by his past. She deserves life with someone who loved her as much as she loved him.

It was not her fault that I met someone just like her in the past. Nor was it her fault that the girl I met six years prior to her confession had accepted my confession, only to disappear and never to be heard again.

It was not her fault that Maya Ellenfelt had broke my heart eleven years ago, and yet she had to suffer because of that. No, it was not Maya's fault either. It was all my fault for still clinging to Maya's shadow, not even giving Emelyn a chance. And yet.....

And yet here she was, still as beautiful as the day she disappeared, no, she was even more beautiful now, standing in front of a convenience store as the sudden downpour drowned all other noise, as if playing a symphony to the tune of my sadness.

"Maya...Ellenfelt...."

"Oh, err, sorry, but who were you again?"

"Oh, I'm sorry, I got the wrong person."

"You could at least give reasonable excuse, Raph, you just called my full name earlier." she chuckled "Where was your glasses? I almost can't recognize you without those, you know?"

I was at loss of words. Maya Ellenfelt, the girl, the only girl that talked to me eleven years ago, the girl that had made me unable to forget her even now, had suddenly appeared in front of me, as abrupt as her disappearance.

"I'm sorry for disappearing so suddenly, you know how my father was."

"You could at least told me."

"You know I couldn't...." she turned towards the rain "I, I'm sorry. I should at least told you."

I turned towards the rain, what I heard as a symphony before had turned into a cacophony, a chaos of sound that break my ability to form a concrete thought.

I'm the worst. I had hurt the two people who had selflessly cared about me, who had loved me with their whole heart.

"Sorry, I shouldn't have said that."

"Still the gloomy one, aren't you." we turned toward each other at the same time, eyes locked. "Is that place for me in your heart still exist? Or have you found someone else to fill it?"

"I-" she stepped forward suddenly, cupping my face in her hands. I hold my breath.

"I'm going to disappear again soon, so, please find your own happiness." and yet tears fell down your eyes! How could I be happy when you were in so much pain?

But I didn't say anything.

"Please promise me, that you will give her a chance." I gasped. "You know that I can't be on your side, so," she retracted her hands and wiped her tears.

"But-"

"Don't make her wait any longer. She deserve you." and still tears flowed out from her eyes. My sight turned a bit blurry, before I realized that I too was crying.

"But she deserve better than me! With her devotion, her willpower, while I would just break her over and over again..."

"Aren't you exactly the same as her? Waiting for me all this years, even rejecting her, your heart had broken too much already, Ralph. It's time for you to find home, happiness."

"But you are my happiness."

"I could sue you for copyright infringement, you know?" another voice came from behind me. As I turned my face, I saw her, holding an umbrella. no, she was holding several umbrellas.

"You should at least wait for the kiss scene, Emelyn." Maya chuckled, her tears had completely wiped dry.

"As if I would let you do that! And here I am, running through the rain because a certain mysterious person texted me, just to find lovebirds flirting under the rain. I shouldn't have bothered." she turned away, but Maya took her umbrella and walked past her.

"Take your time....."

A drop of water drifted from her face, one wouldn't be able to see the difference amidst the rain, but I know.

It was her tears.

I deserve happiness? What a load of crap. She deserved happiness. A happiness I would never able to give to her.

"As if you hadn't hurt enough already...." I muttered under my breath.

"Did you say something?"

"Nothing. Are you going to give me one of those umbrellas or we have to make do with one?"

"As if!"


"Now, now, don't be shy..."

"Idiot!"

"Ah, don't run! Give me the umbrella first!"

The Scribble will now end.

Was that really a sad story?

Well, it is for you to decide, fellow Wanderers. As there are no absolute answer for the matter of feelings.

See you next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment