Friday, April 29, 2016

Scribble 2: The Princess who reached out to The Dragon

Welcome!

Well, if you've read my previous post, I felt like the ending was half-baked and a very, very unsatisfying. Even when I was re-reading it, I thought, if you're going to make that kind of story, at least make it all the way to the end!

I hope that this one won't be as bad as the previous one.

The story involving a Dragon is pretty common in fairy tales, you could find it in almost any culture. There was Fafnir, Nidhoggr, and Jormugandr in Norse mythology, Ladon in Greek mythology, Yu Long from Chinese mythology.

And then there was the typical form of the story where a Hero fight a Dragon for his treasure. For example, the story of Siegfried and Fafnir from the Norse mythology, Heracles and Ladon from Greek, and St. George and an unnamed Dragon. Even more is in the modern games, literature, and movies such as Harry Potter, the Hobbit, and Eragon.

Most stories about Dragons put them in unreachable place, feared as enemy of humanity or revered as a deity-level entity. But what if, just what if, a Human is able drags down the Dragon and reach out a hand to them? What if the Hero did not merely defeat the Dragon, but save them?

This story would revolve around that concept, albeit with a slight twist.

On the other hand, the story about a Hostage ends up growing attachment or  affection with their Captor was not that rare a story either. This condition is referred as Stockholm syndrome, and is a real condition. Some of the story that includes this condition were the Beauty and the Beast, and the story between Persephone and Hades from Greek mythology.

The scribble will now begin.

Scribble 2: The Princess who reached out to The Dragon

He was just a child.

Stripped off of his mind, soul, flesh and body, the role of a villain was forced unto him, as countless Knights braved him, and fell to oblivion.
So I held out my hands, towards the Dragon, no, towards the scared little Child that had stripped out of everything that he ever had.

I reach out my hands towards the lost little Child, whose fate had been twisted, to whom people had ruthlessly forced the role of Evil Villain.

Everyone had tried to fight him. Everyone had tried to defeat him. All without knowing the first thing about him.

In the end, he was just a Child. A Child whom everyone had never tried to understand.

No one tried to reach out to him. No one had tried to even listen to him. No one had tried to save him. No one had ever be there for him.

And in the end, I was also a Child who helplessly fell in love with him....

As I touched his rough skin, he trembles, tears dropped from his eyes. And then I whispered...
"I love you."

"You mustn't, O Princess. Thy fated Prince hath fought his way and shall arrive soon."

"Then I will fight him if I must. I won't leave your side, never."

"And if my Master ordered me to kill thee?"

"I'll do what I have to do, even if that means fighting your Master or running to the End of the World."

"Then prepare yourself, O Princess, for tis will be a long flight."

I climbed to his back, and as he flapped his wings, we soared to the sky, over the black basalt canyons and cliffs. Passing several volcanoes, we finally descended on a jet black castle.

"This is the Castle of Ysdarien, one of the Elder Queen of time long past."

"Why doth thy took I here?"

"There's this sword, Alleadz, forged from the pitch black scales of Rezdarii dragon, in a furnace powered by the scarlet fire of Terzad dragon, polished with the sapphire claws of Grazdn dragon. It was created by Queen Ysdarien, the Elder Queen that fell in love with a Fothrill dragon, much like you, to bring forth unity and peace between both humans and dragons. But in the end, she cannot bring herself to finish it, due to certain reason."

"And what, is that reason?"

"The final ritual to finish the sacred sword Alleadz, is that the sword shall be washed with the emerald blood of Fothrill dragon."

"Emerald.... blood?"

"Yes, to be exact, my blood. Your Highness might have forgotten, but I hath lived far longer than any human would imagine. I've lived too long, I'm afraid. In fact, I'm among the eldest of Fothrill. I've lived through the ages of war in the time of Queen Ysdarien."

"And so, the Dragon that Queen Ysdarien fell in love with...."

"Is me. Yes. Maybe I'm just afraid that the history would repeat itself, that it'll be Queen Ysdarien all over again, but I'm not making anymore mistakes. My Princess, stab that dark sword upon myself, and end this nightmare once and for all, do not let the mistakes of history repeat the tale of Queen Ysdarien whom I loved with my entirety."

"Doth thy, still love the late Queen?"

"Why, yes, maybe I'm just divulging myself with the regret of unrepeatable past, but my Princess,,,"

"Enough. Answer this only question, Mighty Fothrillium, doth thy not love me?"

"My Princess, I'm...."

"I'm just asking this question, Cenadriel, just answer this question, and I'll ask for nothing more.... just knowing," I paused to wipe my tears "just answer me...."

"I do love thee, my Princess, but...."

"I'll do it. Where doth this sword be consecrated?"

"In the Inner Gate of Ysdarien, where only of the purest heart might enter, where only the one who had truly wished for salvation for both Humans and Dragon might found."

Hesitating, I entered the first gate. A vast chamber constructed purely from white artificial marble, the result of Alchemy of highest grade, overwhelmed my sense.

Come, Izrdien.

A faint voice, even fainter than a mere whisper, called in from one of the wall. As I approached, the ground shook, and the room changed into a violet, metalic chamber.

Is this the Inner Gate of Ysdarien?

No. It's merely the entrance. Walk further, and thy may bear witness to the Gate.

I walked further, and the scenery changed once again, into soft cyan chamber that made with materials that didn't exist anywhere else in this world. And I held my breath.

She was a woman, no, a girl would be more appropriate, as her features flowed more artistically than the best sculpture or the painting of perfect woman, covered by divinely thin aqua dress with simple design, and yet her elegance made it clear that she was no commoner.

"Queen... Ysdarien...." I was at loss of words, as the very representation of beauty that transcend humanity stood in front of me, her dark hair floated as if blown by soft wind.

"I have been waiting, daughter mine, Princess Izrdien."

"I see, this is no palace, this is but a fragment of Your Highness' heart, sealed away, protected from the rash current of time. But how could I be Your Highness' daughter, while we were centuries apart by time?"

"Your heart shared the same love that I once carried, is that made us any different than a mother and a daughter, Princess Izrdien?"

"I but to apologize, as my wisdom hadn't been enough to understand even such trivial matter, Your Highness."

"Then perhaps it's not for you to understand, daughter mine. Enough with the trifling talk, I suppose thee seeks the sword to unite the Worlds, aren't thy?"

"Yes, Your Highness."

"Then let me warn thee, daughter mine, that this sword may only be completed with unwavering resolve, the resolve to kill one to save many, the resolve I once lacked. To complete this sword means killing Cenadriel, the very Dragon we fell in love with, to save the entirety of Human and Dragon race. Do you accept the burden I once failed to bear?"

"I do." I firmly replied, last shred of hesitation blown away by my resolution.

"So be it. The contract had been signed, and my soul may be released from this slumber." her form decayed into millions of light thread, before forming a large, pitch black broadsword. I took the sword, and the scenery melted away into the white marble chamber, undoubtedly hand-crafted by hundreds of high ranked Alchemist. But I have no time to admire the magnificent chamber.

As soon as I saw Cenadriel outside the Castle of Ysdarien, I thrusted the pitch black blade right through his Heart.

"I'm sorry, my love."

"It's the necessary sacrifice, my Princess." his form melted into an emerald crystal, adoring the crossguard of the pitch black blade.

This is the end.

Of his tale,

and mine.

Now, I must go. If I wanted to unite Humanity and the Dragons, then there's no time to waste. The time have come to this World to remember the Divine Wrath of a Goddess.

[Once upon a time, a Dragon and a Queen fell in love with each other.]

[Centuries later, the same Dragon was commanded by his Overlord to capture a Princess.]

[The history repeated itself, the Princess fell in love with the Dragon.]

[And to save both the Humanity and the Dragon kin, she sacrificed her first love and herself, and reached towards the truth behind the world.]

[This is a tale of a Princess that become a Goddess.]

The Scribble will now ends.

Well, that was abrupt. If you're by any chance stumble upon this article and accidentally read it down to last paragraph, I would like to get your commentary and critics on the comment section. See you next [incomprehensible babble/scribble/rant/nondescript text]!

No comments:

Post a Comment